Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Saturday, September 23, 2006

New Books


I purchased our next set of books for nighttime reading. Here is what we will be reading.

Gracyn: Alice's Adventures In Wonderland by Lewis Carroll. Following this she we will be reading Ginger Pye by Eleanor Estes. Ginger Pye is about a dog, which will be right up Gracyn's alley since she is always pretending to be a dog! Ginger Pye is a Newberry Award winning book.

Aidan: I am a Bunny. This is a Golden Book which is Illustrated by Richard Scarry. He likes it already due to the Animals throughout the book.


2 comments:

trmills said...

So here's my question, Kim- are you reading an abridged version of "Alice"? I know the original is quite an undertaking, and I haven't figured out which to do!...and we love "I am a Bunny". Happy reading!

Rhianna

Kim said...

It's the original version. I figure that even though the vocabulary is in the stratosphere, that we will give it a go anyway. It may bomb, but if so we can shelf it until a later time. This was one that I felt like I couldn't read abridged...for some reason.