Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, April 23, 2007

34 weeks

I am 34 weeks along now! Yea! I had a prenatal check-up today and everything seems fine still. The Dr. can not see any visible hematoma or tearing. The baby is roughly 5 1/2 lbs now and every visit I get a "whoa" from the Dr. regarding the size. Gee thanks for the butterflies. :) The baby is also head down which was a concern since he had been laying sideways for the whole pregnancy. So I feel good that my opportunity for a c-section was reduced. Of course one still never can predict these things. But still...it was good news. I figured the baby was head down because I have been feeling different and more discomfort. I go back to the Dr. in 2 weeks and I will start having weekly fetal monitoring until the baby is born as a precaution. My doctor normally does this for all patients, but he is starting me a week earlier because of my history of high risk pregnancy. He just wants to make sure all is well and that there are no surprises. I'm thankful for the extra monitoring for peace of mind. I will also start doing all my pre-registration and testing in anticipation of the birth at the next visit as well. We really are hitting that "any day now" period of time. It is weird because I still have trouble even thinking I'm pregnant to begin with since this has been such a weird pregnancy. But, it's true and its happening!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so glad all is well with the baby and you too! Now that he has turned and dropped, you could go at any time. His little feet will tickle your ribs now!

Kim said...

More like sucker punch them!