Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Easter Surprises

Happy Easter everyone! Today started off with Gracyn finding the Easter basket in the play room. I say THE Easter basket because Jack couldn't find two baskets. With me not being keeper of all things right now, somethings just don't get found. So we have a community Easter basket this year. Thankfully the kids don't really mind. They are just glad that there is a basket at all with chocolates in it. We made Gracyn put the basket back so that Aidan could find it too. Yeah, we are a bit lame this year. We didn't color any eggs or do much of anything this year. That has kind of been the theme of our holidays since being put on bedrest. All of our holidays/birthdays have kind of been hijacked by my situation. But anyway it gets even lamer than this. So, the kids get dressed for church. I wasn't going to be attending but Jack and the kids were. My mother sent the kids Easter clothes as she always does. Easter is her favorite holiday and you can't have Easter without the new duds. Gracyn gets decked out in a cute polka dotted dress with ribbons and bows. She looks cute and is ready to go off to church. Jack buckles the kids into their car seat and notices that Gracyn is hot. Sure enough she has a 101 fever! So they load back out of the car and Gracyn takes off her dress. She puts on PJs, takes medicine and goes to bed. Fun eh? I'm bummed too because the Mills were planning to host a team Easter potluck dinner tonight and I was going to try to go. Now, we won't be going. So this year there will be no colored eggs, no new clothes, no worship service, no Easter meal and only one basket. However, in spite of all this... He has risen...He has risen indeed! That's all I need.

2 comments:

Trey said...

Hey Kim...
both your links and mine aren't working for the other couples. Its not a huge deal, but i really did love reading them...it helps me to know how to pray for all of you.
Trey

Kim said...

I saw that. I'll ask Jack...the techie...to check on that.