Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, April 20, 2007

The fun keeps coming

I haven't been downstairs in 9 days. The kids are still sick. Gracyn went back to school this past Tuesday after being sick for about 9 days herself. She was still coughing but these things can last weeks and she couldn't stay out of school that long. Aidan woke up Tuesday not looking well, so he went back to the doctor. His cough turned into to Bronchitis, which is typical for him. He is just like me in that every upper respiratory cold turns into a full blown bronchitis infection. He's been on antibiotics since Tuesday and is getting better. I may go downstairs today as hopefully the meds have had time to kill the germs. I'll be glad when the school year ends and we can hopefully be a little more stable health wise.

I've been feeling a little "off" this week myself but not sick really. I think it is just as this pregnancy continues, there are more discomforts. These are all the signals that the end is getting nearer. I'm excited but as I think about the birth I get waves of butterflies. I guess it is a classic case of the fear of the unknown, but mixed with the fear of the known too. We are excited about meeting our little guy and feel shocked that he will be here soon! We've pretty much settled his name but that shall remain a secret. My mom keeps "suggesting" the same two names. She must be stuck on those or have high hopes for those names...however...one of them is the name of her next door neighbor's dog! I told her I would not have the baby and the neighbor's dog sharing a name. She'll just have to be surprised. It's only a few more weeks.

No comments: